After an operation whereby monkey's glands were grafted into his body, Frank Klaus, former Middleweight Champion, will attempt to come back in the roped arena and regain his crown.

"I never was in better physical health in my life than I am right now and I believe my vitality is stronger every day" he says.
Klaus kept the operation a secret at first, no-one but his wife knew that the operation was performed.

"I was advised by a friend who returned from France a few months ago to try the operation" said Klaus. "Through the aid of a prominent Pittsburgh doctor, who is at the head of one of the largest hospitals here, I had the job done."

Klaus has had offers to fight in England and Belgium and will sail for the latter country next month.

(The Milwaukee Journal - Feb 10, 1920)

.........................................


(Klaus is pictured here in 1912 in a hotel room near Dieppe, France...receiving a massage while in preparation for his bout with World Title claimant Georges Carpentier.)